Unless otherwise stated, webinars are schedule for 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm EST
You must log into the FSGS website as an FSGS MEMBER in order to download the handouts.
On the left menu, click on Members Login and look for Archived Webinars at the bottom of the drop-down list. The current handout and webinar information will be at the top of the page. Links to videos of past webinars are also available on the Archived Webinars page.
16 Dec 2021 – Nancy E. Loe, MA, MLS
Organize Like an Archivist
- Webinar Abstract: Organizing genealogy research is essential to preserve your hard work.
• Can’t find the records you know you have?
• Lost in a sea of digital files, photographs & paper?
• Need to organize new records you’re finding?
• Searching for a better way to organize your work?
This presentation helps you put your family history research in order. Learn simple and effective strategies to organize and link your digital files and paper records, using the same principles as professional archivists. No need for color codes, numbering systems, or other complicated schemes with this archives-based system. And when your records are organized, you can spend more time on research.
- Presenter: After a long professional career in academic archives and genealogy libraries, Nancy E. Loe, MA, MLS, is now a genealogy educator, researcher, and writer. She specializes in U.S. and European research, and provides expert guidance on information management and research skills. Her website, sassyjanegenealogy.com offers a blog, free monthly newsletter, and e-books on genealogy research. Nancy has appeared on PBS's American Experience, at NGS, RootsTech, and numerous genealogy conferences and webinars in the U.S., Canada, and Australia. Recently, Nancy has been on a genealogy pilgrimage to visit the eight European villages of her great-grandparents.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sassyjane.genealogy & https://www.facebook.com/sjgenealogy/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/sjgenealogy
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nancy-e-loe/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/SJGenealogy/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/sassyjanegen @sassyjanegen
- Webinar Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1567554348204381966
The Florida State Genealogical Society (FSGS) provides a free Society Webinar Service for its member societies. For more information on how your local society can use this service, please go to FSGS Society Webinar Services .
Currently we do NOT have permission for most of the recorded webinars to be used in a local society meeting. If permission is obtained, the webinar will be identified as available.
FSGS Webinars are held on the third Thursdays of each month at 8:00 pm.
Certified Genealogist, CG, and Certified Genealogical Lecturer, CGL, are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists® used by the Board to identify its program of genealogical competency evaluation and used under license by the Board’s Associates.
Accredited Genealogist, AG, is a certification mark of the International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogist. Individuals licensed to use the mark have met ICAPGen’s competency
CGSM and CGLSM are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists and are used under license by board‑certified associates meeting competency standards.